Department of Pathology
UMASS-BAYSTATE MEDICAL SCHOOL
Baystate Health System is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. With 4 community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start or advance their career.
Baystate Health in conjunction with the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate is seeking a well-trained AP/CP or AP pathologist with subspecialty Boards in neuropathology to join our group at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA.
Position Highlights include:
- WELL-ESTABLISHED PROGRAM. Experienced faculty of 21 pathologist working in a hybrid academic/private practice model. All of our board certified pathologists continue their diagnostic skills, enhanced by their diverse subspecialty qualifications, with state-of-the-art technologies deliver the highest quality diagnostic services available.
- PROFESSIONAL SATISFACTION. The faculty takes pride in its entrepreneurial and energetic spirit while delivering a full spectrum of anatomic and clinical pathology services under single leadership. A tremendous opportunity for pathologists to make major contributions to dramatically improve the care of patients.
- CLINICAL EXPECTATIONS. The individual will be expected to practice neuropathology and participate in additional surgical pathology specialty and/or cytopathology. Active adult and pediatric neurosurgical and neurology services require subspecialty expertise in neoplastic and non-neoplastic neuropathology. In addition, the autopsy service (about 100 cases per year) yields brain specimens for gross and microscopic analysis.
- FACULTY APPOINTMENT. Scholarly pursuits are expected and supported by robust research infrastructure. An academic appointment at the University Of Massachusetts School Of Medicine.
- ROBUST BENEFITS PACKAGE - Competitive salary, generous paid time off, full medical benefits, CME reimbursement and time and so much more
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
David L. Gang, MD
Interim Co-Chair, Department of Pathology
c/o Lisa Scully, FASPR, Sr. Physician Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-2346 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: Lisa.Scully@baystatehealth.org
Reinventing healthcare takes courage. It takes collaboration. It takes you.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.